How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks: Having a child, or working hard with diet and exercise to lose a lot of weight seem like situations where the result would be nothing but happy tears. However, our skin is not as flexible, and we would like it to be, and it cannot disappear like our fat. This sudden loss of fat causes stretching of skin making pinkish stripes on it, and these are stretch marks. Their dermatology term is Striae and can form to hormonal changes as well. They can occur anywhere on our body where our skin has gone to rapid stretching. Thankfully most of these stretch marks fade away in time, but sometimes they need a little push from our side to disappear completely.
HOW TO REMOVE STRETCH MARKS?
How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
First, let’s discuss some reasons on why these stretch marks occur. Like I mentioned before the primary reason is that of our skin stretching beyond its elastic limit causing damage to the elastin fibers. Some reasons this would happen are:
- Genetics, if your parent had stretch marks due to the same skin type, you might have them too.
- Sudden weight gain
- Sudden muscle building
- Hormonal changes
- Diseases that have to do with the adrenal gland causing hormone secretion
- Use of some medication
Any of these reasons could give you stretch marks.
Now we know what cause the stretch marks, but marks appear on our skin for various reasons, so how do we know that they are stretch marks? Well, let’s discuss some symptoms of these stretch marks:
- You notice your skin becoming thinner, stretched out, and translucent
- Lines form on your skin, either red or pink or purple
- Your skin suddenly seems soft in particular area
- Puckering and wrinkling happens in the area
- They are not always lines, can be patchy skin
- Over time they heal and turn white and look like a scar
If all these symptoms are what led you to those marks, then most likely they are stretch marks. Now that we discussed everything about these stretch marks let’s find out how to eradicate them!
- Water – How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
To be honest, I always knew that water was an important part of our lives and should be had in proper quantities every day to avoid health issues. However, when writing and going over each health problem, it has hit me like a ‘ton of bricks’ on just how many things can be avoided by just drinking the required amount of H2O every day. It is true when they say there is nothing like water, as being hydrated provides emotional health as well as outer beauty. Water helps keep skin hydrated, and keeping the skin hydrated allows it to be more flexible. Drinking lots of water help in not only healing but also preventing stretch marks. So if you see any early symptoms of them, or are pregnant so know your skin is going to stretch, drink water suddenly!
- Glycolic acid and Retin A – How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
Now, this is a more chemically oriented solution than just drinking water, but it works for after you already see stretch marks on your skin. Individually these compounds are known to help with stretch marks, but combined have shown more drastic results. It is best to use Retin A first then a glycolic acid, but do not use Retin-A if pregnant or breastfeeding as it is known to cause birth problems. This is best used after asking the doctor.
- Moisturizer – How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
Working on the same principle of drinking water, using moisturizer helps keep the skin hydrated and elastic. If the chemicals in them seem to be a bother, you can make moisturizers at home with ingredients like aloe vera, germ oil, olive oil, etc. This is best when the stretch marks are new as they are still fresh and healing.
- Egg whites – How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
Take two eggs and whip up the whites of both of them. Then apply this to your stretch marks and wash after they dry. This works best if you moisturize the area afterward. Follow it for two weeks, and the results are remarkable.
- Sugar – How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
Due to the rough texture of powdered sugar, it acts as an excellent way to exfoliate the skin. Although it is not used on its own, mixed with moisturizer, egg whites, oil, or lemon juices is an excellent way to use it. Just make the mixture and rub it on the skin for a few minutes every day before a bath. Results should be substantially visible in a month.
- Lemon juice – How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
Lemon juice is great for all sorts of marks, not just stretch marks. It contains citric acid which acts like bleach and helps reduce the intensity of marks. Rub it onto the marks for 10 min each day to notice the visible difference. For hydration, it is recommended to mix it with cucumber juice.
- Potato juice – How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
Vegetables are full of vitamins and minerals, so its juice helps with the restoration of skin cells. Cutting this potato into slices, it is best to rub it directly onto marks till the starch comes out and covers it. They after drying it is best to wash it off with warm water.
- Aloe vera – How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
When it comes to skin, how can we not have this miracle herb on here? Rubbing aloe vera not only hydrates the skin but also provides minerals that rejuvenate the skin.
- Exercise – How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
Well, as much as you were hoping it would just be rubbing things onto your marks, it takes more than that to get rid of those marks. They can be quite stubborn, but if you are determined, then you can wave bye to those stretch marks. Here are a few exercises unique to the area on which the marks occur. It is recommended that they are done 20 times each and three times a week.
- Bottom stretch marks – Lie down, preferably on the floor, on your stomach and arms to the side. Raise your legs alternately making sure they come 3-6 inches off the floor at the very least. This should stretch your skin removing the marks.
- Thigh stretch marks – This has to be done sitting on a chair, or if you want to have a little fun can be done on a swing. Keeping your hands firm on the side by holding the chair swing your legs up and down. This way your thighs become healthy removing those marks.
- Stomach stretch marks – Any exercise that requires contracting your abdomen should help with theses marks. An example would be lying down on your back and bending your knees. Now lift your upper body into a crunch. This will help firm your abs, getting rid of marks.
- Hip stretch marks – Lying down on your back, in this exercise lift your legs alternately till they make a 90-degree angle to the floor. Do this is a way that makes you feel a pull in your hips and buttocks.
- Clinical treatments – How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
Now, if you have tried all of the above, and your stretch marks seem to just not disappear to your satisfaction there are treatments which can be taken to get rid of them. These treatments include laser treatments and plastic surgery; your doctor will determine the method. This is usually done to old stretch marks that are usually stubborn.
Get more Updates from EhealthCareer.com (How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks)